The Office of International Programs will help you get started!
The function of the Colorado School of Mines Office of International Programs (OIP) is to govern and supervise international activities. Our office collaborates with universities from Hong Kong to New Zealand providing inimitable opportunities to students with interest in the inclusion of education abroad to their repertoire.
Our office helps students at CSM to enhance their educational experience, and gives international students the opportunity to experience the United States while obtaining a prestigious education.
The OIP also supports the Phi Beta Delta Honor Society and gives U.S. and international students opportunities for academic and personal development.
The International Student & Scholar Services Office (ISSS) serves approximately 750 international students from 77 countries who attend Mines.
The ISSS provides the following services:
- Admission of Undergraduate International Students
- Advise on immigration regulations by individual appointment and group seminars
- Prepare legal documents that allow international students to gain work experience through a period of training
- Provide forms required by international students and their dependents to travel outside the US
- Process legal documents required for the admission of all international students (including undergraduate, graduate, special, exchange, and visiting students)
- Organize orientation programs for entering international undergraduate, graduate and exchange students
- Advise various international student groups, such as International Student Council, Indonesian Student Association, Kuwait Student Association and others
- Provide key pre-departure and arrival information for incoming students, their dependents and scholars.
The ISSS also sponsors events and programs to help students adjust to life in the US and at Mines, and provides counseling related to emergencies and unexpected immigration problems.